Sunday, 12 December 2010

Oil Sketching





It was a blustery weekend, full of snow, ice, and warm company. I started my first oil sketch from some of the drawings I took in figure study class. I want to see how far I can go with just going off a sketch. I'm excited to see what I can do with this...

I thought that since this being my first portrait painting, I would finally paint over that first landscape painting I did 5 years ago (the one collecting dust and cobwebs in my closet.) My partner joked about how nothing is sacred for long with regards to canvas. I don't know what it is about painting over paintings, but it give me this strange sense of joy. If you were wondering, the original painting was of a church in a field. I thought it would be fitting to paint a naked woman over top of it...

Of course...fitting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment