Sunday, 27 December 2009

Guadeloupe

I'm trying to finish up some of my unfinished projects laying around. I started this as a watercolor almost two years ago, then added gouache and ink to brighten it. It's a combination of Byzantium Mary images and Mayan dress and colors....A picture of what I think the true vision of Guadeloupe must have been like. Sadly, I don't have a picture of the initial painting. It would have been nice to see how it transformed. Anyway, this will leave me some space to work on my new stuff.Oh, and yes there is a small leaf that blew onto the picture while I was taking this outside. I would have taken another one if it wasn't a million degrees below zero right now!!




11" x 14" Gouache & Ink

1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful! It is quite striking with the ink. Interestingly it kind of looks like she is wearing an Andean poncho.

    ReplyDelete